Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Opening Gig

I know I have been ignoring my poor little blog, and I feel so bad about it! But in between moving, wedding planning and a few hired events sprinkled throughout the winter I have not had much opportunity to experiment with new dishes. I hope to change that in these upcoming slower months—so stay posted.

My first hired event of 2012 was another French themed cozy bistro dinner. The best part of it all was the guests of the dinner who got really into the theme with costumes, music and much more- it was a pleasure to cook for them! Here is the menu below:

{Appetizers}
Proscuitto-Wrapped Scallops with Romesco Sauce
Mini Brie & Red Onion Marmalade Tarts
French Cheese Board

{Starter}
Wild Mushroom & Goat Cheese Strudel
with Truffle Oil
& Watercress, Frisée & Pear Salad

{Main}
Filet of Beef Bourguignon
with Parsley Potatoes &
Thyme Popovers

{Dessert}
Scharffen Berger Milk Chocolate Soufflés
with Amaretto Nougat Whip

{Morning After Treat}
Meyer Lemon Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment