Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Acorn Squash Salad

I would take a cozy dinner for two at home any night over hitting the loud crazy bars (ah- am I old?!) and that’s just what I did this past weekend while visiting my fiancé. An easy and compatible way for us to divide up making dinner is for him to take charge of the protein (usually a grilled meat/fish/etc.) and I am in charge of the sides.

To go along with his 2 grilled meats (filet in a Balsamic Ginger Glaze and NY strip with a Miami Spice Rub) I put together a Roasted Acorn Squash & Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts and Goat Cheese:


{I roasted the acorn squash with a dash of nutmeg which added a great spiced flavor}

The heartiness of the squash along with the crunch of the nuts made for the perfect compliment to the meat- what a combo!

Oh and here is a picture of my man’s meat (hehe):


{Check out those grill marks}



No comments:

Post a Comment