Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Souper-Bowl

I hope you all enjoyed the Big Game last weekend (yea NY Giants- my future home team!) – and most of all, I hope it was filled with delicious snacks. In between homemade jalapeño poppers and football shaped cupcakes- I have been reading about soup competitions for the Super Bowl being all the new rage. From pheasant stews to red hot chili’s, home chefs everywhere are taking part in Souper-Soups.

So, as part of the pre-game eve festivities I decided to experiment with my soup skills and made this Mushroom & Leek Soup with Parsley Dumplings:


{The dumplings were heavenly with the crispy exterior from pan frying them- I would (and did) eat these on their own}*

Now that it actually feels like winter in Cali, I have a feeling soups will be occurring on my menus more often.

*Photo and recipe courtesy of Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment